This is a rub primarily for chicken. It is decent for pork, and adequate for beef, but it really shines for chicken. Because it includes sugar, make sure you cook the chicken with indirect heat.
- 1/2 Cup Hawaiian Salt
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sugar or equivalent (e.g. Coconut Sap crystals)
- 3 TBSP Korean Pepper Powder
- 2 TBSP Hot Paprika or Pimenton
- 1 TBSP Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese Pepper Mix)
- 1 tsp Chipotle Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Powdered Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Grains of Paradise
- 1/2 tsp Mace
In a clean coffee mill or spice grinder blend the Peppercorns, Mace, and Grains of Paradise. Combine all ingredients (including the ground spices), and mix well. Store in a sealed container.