A low carbohydrate (although not necessarily low calorie) cookie. Please note that this recipe depends on a number of ingredients that you may need to mail order. This is a 1-1-2 ratio cookie (1 part sugar, 1 part fat, 2 parts flour), and will therefore be soft but will not spread when baking. This recipe makes about a dozen cookies.
- 60g Sugar Substitute (Besti Allulose/Monk Fruit recommended)
- 60g Ghee
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 100g Carbalose flour
- 20g Almond flour
- Raspberry Jam (ChocZero Raspberry recommended)
- Combine the water, vanilla, and almond extract into a small bowl
- Cream the sugar into the Ghee
- Blend the water and extracts into the creamed sugar
- Blend in the flours until fully incorporated
- Shape the dough into a small cylinder (the wider you make the cylinder, the larger but fewer cookies you will end up with), and wrap it in plastic wrap or equivalent
- Place the dough in the freezer to firm up (~10 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (or 325F if using convection)
- Cut the dough into slices (cutting across the long axis, so that you end up with many small discs rather than a few long oblongs).
- Placing each slice onto a firm surface (cutting board or plate), gently press down in the center with your thumb, while using your other hand to help the disc hold its shape and not split
- Using a spoon, fill the indent with the raspberry jam, and place on a baking sheet
- Bake the cookies for ~12-14 minutes. The cookies are done (but will be soft) when the top edges are just browned.
- Let cool.